The International Prize of Artistic Creativity Miriam Makeba
Under the High Patronage of His Excellency the President of the Republic Mr. Abdelaziz BOUTEFLIKA, and under the auspices of the Ministry of Culture, the National Office of Copyright and Related Rights – ONDA- launches the first edition of the International Prize of Artistic Creativity: Miriam Makeba, a prize to promote and value African Art.
The creation of this award was announced on the sidelines of the forum of African creators on September 14, 2017 by Mr. Azzedine MIHOUBI, Minister of Culture in recognition of the militant and artistic career of the interpreter « Ana houra fi el djazair ».
Objectives of the Prize:
· To allow Artists using African Art as a medium to voice their ideas and speak up their minds to be better heard and showcase their creations,
· To Promote African Art in all its forms of expression,
· To Encourage talent and creativity,
· To Reward the best artistic creation
Conditions to participate
· Any African artist over 18 years old and living in Africa can take part in the competition,
· The participant must give proof of an ID and / or a residence permit when living in an African country other than his country of origin,
· Artists claiming refugee status due to exceptional situations (armed conflict, natural disaster, etc.) may take part in the competition,
Transmission of applications
· Interested candidates must send a file including the supporting documents mentioned above (copy of the identity document, residence etc.),
· A copy or a description of their artistic project/work,
· Applications can be submitted either by post under a closed envelope to at the following address : Office National du Droit d’Auteur et des Droit Voisins (ONDA), 49 rue Abderrezak HAMLA 16000- Bologhine- Alger, Algérie, or by email to the following address : email@example.com
· The deadline for submitting applications is August 31st, 2018.